Saturday, March 9, 2013

A Look Back in Time

A few weeks ago, I was asked to volunteer for the Silver and Gold Auction that benefits the Dolphin Scholarship. I had the opportunity to give three ways: donating a gift certificate from Baby Cakes, baking a few dozen cupcakes to be sold on the dessert table, and working the pay tables at the end of the auction.  But for me, the best part of this adventure was getting to dress up for the theme.

Play it Again, Uncle Sam!  From the decorations to the attire, the Pacific Aviation Museum was transformed back to the 1940's.  And.... so was I.



I don't know how in the world ladies from the 1940's did the victory rolls.  It took me forever!!  But, I have to say, I love the hair style.  If I could practice more, I would love to do this again.

I can't forget about the cupcakes....


Vanilla Cupcakes with Dried Pineapple Flowers


This was my first attempt at making cupcake wrappers.  Little submarines....

No comments:

Post a Comment