Monday, October 22, 2012

Pumpkin' Pickin'

Here on the island, we get one season.... summer.  It's wonderful, except for one time of the year (for me anyway).  I love Autumn.  The colors, the leaves, the crisp air, apple cider, pumpkin pie, Thanksgiving foods, the scents of fall.... the list is endless for me.  This time of year I really do miss home in Tennessee with the rolling hills and mountains full of colorful oranges, yellows and reds.  I ask my parents every year to send me pictures when the leaves change.

So, while we are still on this rock, we have one way to experience autumn.... the pumpkin patch.  We try to go every year so the girls can see the pumpkins, pick one out and then later "help" us carve it.  I just thought I would share a few pictures from the patch this year.  I was surprised to see they had sunflowers this time.


Gwyn with the sunflowers


I love, love, love this picture.  They held hands without me asking.



One of our pumpkins.


Brooke found her a pumpkin, too.





The girls sitting amid the Cinderella pumpkins.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice, and I agree with your sentiments about being in Tennessee for autumn. We get some of that here, but it's not quite the same. The girls look great; I'm glad to see them having fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They love picking the pumpkins up, even if they're too heavy.

      Delete